Call for Submissions: Learning from COVID-19
The global COVID-19 pandemic has dealt a blow to education abroad and international student exchange and mobility the likes of which has never been seen before. Over the coming months and years, our field will look back on this time to learn from it. As the field looks ahead to recovery and seeks ways to improve upon and perhaps replace established practices, sharing our experiences will be an essential tool for growth.
For this reason, Frontiers: The Interdisciplinary Journal of Study Abroad invites practitioners and scholars of education abroad to submit case studies, think-pieces, and essays related to COVID-19 impact and response for immediate publication. We hope that colleagues will share not only their success stories, but also honest assessments of challenges and shortcomings the coronavirus pandemic revealed.
Unlike a Special Issue, submissions to Frontiers’ “Learning from COVID-19” collection will be accepted and published on a rolling basis, so that the collection can grow and evolve in real-time. Submissions will be reviewed by members of the editorial team to ensure a baseline of quality and consistency, and revisions may be requested. Frontiers reserves the right to decline publication of any submission at the editorial team’s discretion.
We are particularly interested in:
- Case Studies that describe and analyze in-depth aspects of an organization’s COVID-19 response (immediate and on-going)
- Researched and supported Think-Pieces or Op-Eds
- Reflective Essays from professionals and students
- All submissions should focus specifically on education abroad and the impact of COVID-19 on some aspect of education abroad programs or administration.
Suggested Length: 1500-3500 words
To prepare your submission:
- 12-pt. Times New Roman font, double-spaced
- Word document format
- Include title on first page
- Remove all identifying information of individual and organizations from the text of the submission. Where necessary, replace with descriptive pseudonyms (e.g., large, public university in Nebraska; Director of Study Abroad)
To submit to the “Learning from COVID-19” collection:
Log in to our online submission portal and select “Learning from COVID-19” from the Section menu on the submission form.
Traditional, full-length research articles on COVID-19-related topics should be submitted for full consideration and peer review under the Research Articles section in our online submission form.
Posted: 11 June 2020